We offer a transport, train, engineering and support staff recruitment service via our specialist Rail Division. Our expert team has dealt with many of the UK's leading organisations for a number of years and our credentials are further strengthened by our ISO accreditation and Achilles RISQS Audited status.
£10.45 - £13.47 per hour
Location: City of London, England
Consultant: Mohammed Rauf
Job Title: Train Dispatcher
Location: Old Street / Essex Road / Highbury & Islington / London Kings Cross
Position type: Temporary ongoing
Start date: ASAP
• Assessment center & Interview
• Train Dispatch concentration test (we pay for it)
• Drug & Alcohol and Medical tests (we pay for it)
• Training - 6 days (starting 4th Feb)
• Provide an industry leading level of customer services by proactively approaching customers and helping to improve their journey.
• Carry out train dispatch, split and attach duties.
• Comply with all safety requirements as requested, ensuring personal safety and that of passengers and work colleagues at all times.
• Communicate effectively with other staff and passengers in the interests of safety and customer service using information systems as supplied.
• Respond to customer requirements and generate solutions by carrying out the Customer recovery policy, keeping business needs in mind.
• Maintain records of train performance, highlighting reasons for delay, keeping a detailed log of any incidents, which may affect the company or our customers.
• Attend to all faults as required following through fault reporting procedures until completion.
• Report delays, irregularities, equipment failures or any incident affecting, or which may affect, the safety of the line or service to the customer.
• Ensure currency of all Rules, Notices and Retail circulars and publications, which may affect your working environment or product knowledge.
• Carry out emergency procedures as locally specified.
• Carry out general station duties as required.
• Actively comply with the detail of the Security Advice Booklet and local security arrangements.
We require applicants to have the following Skills & Experience:
• Must be a serious, articulate individual, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and understand the nature and complexity of this safety critical role
• Must be well presented and physically fit - comfortable working on their feet for a full shift (4-12 hours)
• Must be flexible with work start / finish times - including early, late & weekends
• Training will be provided
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.