£24091 - £26517 per annum
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Consultant: Stacey Bullock
We are working in partnership with a credible not-for-profit utility company who are looking for for Specialist Support Customer Advisors to join their team, with start dates available in September.
As a Specialist Support Advisor your role is imperative in supporting vulnerable customers, in which you will be expected to handle sensitive situations on a daily basis. You will therefore have a very empathetic nature and have a genuine passion for helping people. This role will include both inbound and outbound calls, as well as other methods such as webchat.
Your typical duties will include:
- Providing specialist support over the telephone/webchat to customers in financial difficulty or hardship
- Case managing customer applications for financial support; assessing eligibility and keeping customers updated
- Ensuring that customers wishing to make payments have the mental and financial capacity to do so
- Ensuring customers identified as being vulnerable are treated fairly and provided with the additional support they need; signposting customers to third party specialists where necessary
- Ensuring records are maintained accurately and timely and fully GDPR compliant
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Significant experience of supporting customers in vulnerable circumstances
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- The ability to deliver exceptional quality on content and tone
- Significant experience in having complex and difficult conversations
- Experience in using problem solving techniques and confident in decision making
- Experience in working in a multi-channel environment - both inbound and outbound
- Good understanding of the UK Government Benefits system e.g. DWP
- Exceptional resilience and ability to handle complex customer scenarios respectfully and with empathy
Training will consist of 4 week and will be in their office in St Mellons. Following this is would include some elements of working from home.
The salary is between £24091 and £26517
You will be expected to work 8 hour shifts between 8.00 and 20.00 Monday to Friday, and then 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30-13.30.
Interviews are taking place NOW, so if you are interested and feel you are a suitable match then please apply TODAY or contact Berry Recruitment Cardiff
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.