Curtain Wall Designer
A fantastic opportunity for a Curtain Wall Designer to join a company specialising in Building Envelope systems.
Must be able to use AutoCAD.
Experience required in the curtain walling industry. 3D is an advantage but not necessary.
Must be experienced enough to pick up a project from the start, understand Architects, Structural and other subcontractors drawings, and produce a full set of working drawings.
Duties of the position;
• Attend internal handover meetings, and fully understand my clients scope of works.
• Review Architectural, Structural Engineers & other Sub Contractors drawings and prepare detailed drawings (as set out by the Design Manager).
• Work to program as set out by the Contract Director & Design Manager.
• Attend design team meetings to progress our detailed drawings, working closely with Architects, Main Contractors and other Sub Contractors.
• Maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing project related documents such as submissions and approvals.
• Working with the Design Manager, ensure all drawings are compliant with project specification; meet the relevant British Standards, European Standards Building Regulations and legal regulations such as DDA and CDM.
• Use Schucal (or similar) software as and when required. Training will be given.
• Ensure As Built drawings are done and are available to the Contracts Manger/Director to issue in time with the Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
• Able to adopt others ideas and bring into fruition
• Able to work equally well as part of a team or independently
• Who possesses good communication, both written and verbal, organisation, numerical and administration skills