IS THIS THE ROLE FOR YOU?
I am looking to recruit an experienced Web Developer for an Independent, not for profit research centre for environmental science.
This role will initially be working from home, but will require the successful candidate to return to the office when required.
Ideally, you will be based in Oxford, but can also work out of their offices based in Edinburgh and Lancaster.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the corporate websites and web applications
- Work collaboratively with Communications & Engagement and Business Development Teams to provide input and direction to information architecture, design, content templates and functional specifications.
- Work collaboratively with the Applications Development Team to develop and implement novel digital applications across corporate and project sites.
- Manage the commercial web hosting platform provision and maintain availability and response times.
- Engage with specific web developers and Applications Development Team to strengthen the businesses digital properties portfolio and lead the development and integration of secure development best practices and methodologies.
Web Developer Candidate Specification:
- Demonstrable experience developing web solutions with established Content Management Frameworks, including Drupal.
- Knowledge of software development using PHP and OOP methodologies.
- Knowledge of common hosting stacks, eg. Apache/NGINX/MySQL etc.
- Experience building impactful user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Demonstrable and thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Experience of managing projects using Git.
- Awareness of common security problems, including OWASP top 10, how to exploit and mitigate.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to translate technical concepts to non-specialist audiences.
- Ability to initiate new ideas to address business requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet project objectives.
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills, keeping well informed of new trends in web development.
- Knowledge of using web analytics and reporting.
- Comfortable using Linux command line scripting.
- Knowledge of issue management using Jira.
- Experience of using Microsoft Sharepoint/Teams.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Deployment.
- Pantheon toolset, including Terminus.
- WebOps workflow
If you believe you have the passion and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, please contact Kathy Rusher at the Oxford Branch.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you do not hear back within five working days, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.