We offer a transport, train, engineering and support staff recruitment service via our specialist Rail Division. Our expert team has dealt with many of the UK's leading organisations for a number of years and our credentials are further strengthened by our ISO accreditation and Achilles RISQS Audited status.
£8.88 - £9813478 per hour
Location: Welwyn Garden City, England
Consultant: Mohammed Rauf
Job Title: Train Dispatcher
Location: Hatfield, WGC, Royston, Stevenage (Vacancies all the way from Kings Cross to Peterborough0
Position type: Temporary ongoing
Start date: ASAP
• Assessment center & Interview (telephone and face to face)
• Train Dispatch concentration test (we pay for it)
• Drug & Alcohol and Medical tests (we pay for it)
• Training - 6 days (starting 29th July 2019)
• Provide an industry leading level of customer services by proactively approaching customers and helping to improve their journey.
• Carry out train dispatch, split and attach duties.
• Comply with all safety requirements as requested, ensuring personal safety and that of passengers and work colleagues at all times.
• Communicate effectively with other staff and passengers in the interests of safety and customer service using information systems as supplied.
• Respond to customer requirements and generate solutions by carrying out the Customer recovery policy, keeping business needs in mind.
• Maintain records of train performance, highlighting reasons for delay, keeping a detailed log of any incidents, which may affect the company or our customers.
• Attend to all faults as required following through fault reporting procedures until completion.
• Report delays, irregularities, equipment failures or any incident affecting, or which may affect, the safety of the line or service to the customer.
• Ensure currency of all Rules, Notices and Retail circulars and publications, which may affect your working environment or product knowledge.
• Carry out emergency procedures as locally specified.
• Carry out general station duties as required.
• Actively comply with the detail of the Security Advice Booklet and local security arrangements.
We require applicants to have the following Skills & Experience:
• Must be a serious, articulate individual, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and understand the nature and complexity of this safety critical role
• Must be well presented and physically fit - comfortable working on their feet for a full shift (4-12 hours)
• Must be flexible with work start / finish times - including early, late & weekends
• Training will be provided