Up to £35000 per annum
Job title: Software Engineer
Salary: Up to £35,000
Locations: Wincanton, Somerset
APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE
Due to the expansion of the business there is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a friendly software/systems engineering team which works to deliver a wide variety of solutions across a number of sectors.
You will be working for a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence and communications programmes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Turning requirements into software functionality
- Implementation of Real-Time embedded software for safety critical and/or mission critical applications
- Implementation of Desktop / Web .NET solutions
- Working as part of agile team, supporting colleagues and accepting support from others
- Production of verification evidence for software (e.g automated unit tests and automated system tests.)
- Working across the full software development lifecycle, including the production of artefacts to evidence adherence to a quality controlled process
- Prepared to visit customer sites with other team members.
- Have strong mathematical and software engineering mind-set
- Proficient and efficient at writing code that is understandable by others and testable
- Able to work and collaborate as part of a larger team
- Be comfortable with working on Defence projects
- Object orientated Design (UML),
- Agile (Scrum/KANBAN) development experience.
- Previous knowledge of safety-critical software development (e.g. DO178C or ISO/IEC 61508), C# (.Net) desirable.
- Hold a HND or Degree preferably one of: Computer Science, Electronics, Maths, Physics
- Experience of XML, XSD, XSLTs or other data and manipulation technologies
In return you will be working for a company who believe their people make them the successful company they are due to the TEAM GROUP CULTURE:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge yourselves
- Have integrity in all you do
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Free tea and coffee
For my information please call me Amy at our Gosport Berry offices.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.