£650 - £750 per day
Location: London, England
Consultant: Nicola Beattie
Berry Recruitment is working with the UK Space Agency to find a Agile Space Domain Product Owner/Senior Analyst/Team Leader. The UK Space Agency is an executive agency of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, made up of about 200 staff based in Swindon, London and Harwell, Oxfordshire.
Role: Agile Space Domain Product Owner
Contracting Authority: UK Space Agency – BEIS
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Central London, Victoria Street
IR35: In Scope
Pay Rate: Up to £750 for the right candidate and skill set
Security Clearance: SC Clearance in place already, or happy to get this prior to going on-site
As a Product Owner you will be required to shadow members of the UK Space Agency to enable the Agency to interface to a business and digital transformation provider delivering a Civil Space Operations Capability. you should be a Software Engineer / Business Analyst with experience operating within a business / digital transformation space domain project and extensive software engineering experience.
You will be required to technically understand the business and digital transformation vision and requirements (in the form of epics, features and stories) of the UK Space and related Agencies and communicate and prioritise these effectively to a third party. This role, effectively working as a Product Owner on behalf of the UK Space Agency will then be required to review the outcome of the activities based on the communicated requirements and accept / shape software on behalf of the Agency during Reviews. The role is based predominantly in central London with some travel to North and South Greater London.
Establishing user requirements, taking them through delivery and implementation. Defining documentation of user requirements, Data Analysis / Database Design. Knowledge of system methodologies, working in an agile manner to maximise the quality of data analysis and its impact on design and development. Knowledge of system delivery technologies - developer will need to develop/support business systems. Uses Test Driven Development techniques and builds appropriate test harnesses.
· Extensive Software Development experience, some of which have been in the Space domain
· Be able to quickly and effectively quantify business value of requirements from a UK Space Agency perspective so as to enable effective communication and prioritisation
· Excellent technical presentation and communication skills
· A maths or scientific background enabling quick understanding and communication of complex space domain concepts
· Excellent written skills enabling quick and accurate communication of requirements received from stakeholders to a third party in the form of epics, features
· Experience of developing software so as to ensure good requirements definition, development and acceptance practices are adhered to
· UK National and hold current UK SC clearance
· Experience of Agile Scrum based implementations
· Experience of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) implementations
· Have operated in the role of Product Owner on a previous Agile Programme
If you think you have what it takes to step into the above role, please contact Nicola Beattie at Gosport Berry Recruitment on 02394-217940
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.