Senior Actuarial Analyst
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Berry Recruitment are looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join an award winning international insurance company. They are one of Europe's top 20 insurers and are recognised for their excellent insurance cover and great customer service.
It's a permanent role based in Eastleigh with a salary between £50,000 and £55,000 depending on experience.
This is a mixed reserving/pricing role within the Actuarial Motor team. The team are responsible for reserving, pricing, capital modelling, monitoring and forecasting of the company's lines of business. You will need to be a confident communicator and able to work well as part of a team.
Your specific role:
- Supporting the current team of Analysts and managers
- Monitoring and analysis of the performance of the company's motor account
- Responsible for the evaluation of reserves and monitoring of claims trends
- Carrying out claims and pricing analysis
- Sometimes be required to travel to the London office
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out and peer review elements of the quarterly and monthly reserve review exercises carried out across the team, as well as additional claims related analysis
- Identify trends and producing claims projection models, which includes interpretation and communication of suitable recommendations to senior management
- Ad hoc pricing projects with the overall aim of having a direct impact on profitability
- Assist in the development and maintenance of effective statistical models
- Assist in the presentation of statistics and reports to management
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends
- Provide professional actuarial input in the development and launch of new products
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Experience in reserving and/or pricing of general insurance lines ideally motor based
- Part/nearly qualified actuary with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- A high level of understanding of modern actuarial and statistical modelling techniques is essential
- Claims reserving software
- Company pension
- 25 rising to 27 days holiday with ability to buy an additional 5 days
- Personal car lease option
- Health and dental plans
- Private medical insurance
- Annual bonus
- Discounted gym membership
If this sounds like an exciting and suitable role for you please apply now!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.