Legal Assistant Call Handler
Up to £19000 per annum
Our clients Litigation and dispute management team involves working with UK's top financial institutions and insurers. Their client base includes leading banks, building societies, insurance companies, self-insured organisations in private and public sectors, insurance brokers and major plcs. They are looking for a Legal Assistant to work in the Mortgage Enforcement team.
The Legal Assistant will be reporting into the Section Manager and the successful candidate will engage with customers and/or their representatives during the mortgage litigation process with the aim of providing affordable and sustainable solutions to mortgage arrears.
Their other responsibilities include:
• Engaging with customers who are experiencing difficulties in making their mortgage repayments on behalf of clients who have commenced litigation action
• Negotiating arrears solutions ensuring customers individual needs are taken into account but that also comply to clients mandates.
• Accurately collecting information from customers by using appropriate probing techniques, to understand the true financial position.
• Accurately recording the call outcome on both client and firm systems.
• Comply with internal and client specific call handling procedures and mandates and the regulatory principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
Skills and experience:
Experience in a customer service role with call handling experience is essential.
• Previous experience working in a financial services organisation would be advantageous.
• Ability to deliver high levels of customer service and an ability to empathise with customer needs.
• Ability to interpret policy/mandates to meet individual customer circumstances.
• Excellent communicator and negotiator.
• An understanding of TCF and FCA regulations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently
You must be able to work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines, have excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail. Professional communication skills are prerequisite.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.