£39000 - £40000 per annum
Berry Recruitment are working with a blue chip client to recruit a iSeries Developer to join their existing team who’s key focus is to ensure the computer systems and programs within the Systems Development project plan are designed, completed and implemented to meet the company’s business requirements and I.T’s technical requirements within budget and to schedule. This role offers a degree of variety between small to medium change and large change programs, working within an agile environment focusing on the claims systems. As an experienced Developer you will have the knowledge and skill-set to move into this role easily.
Job: iSeries Developer
Type: Permanent / Full time
Salary: £40,000 per annum
- To develop the delegated computer systems, sub-systems or suites of programs to meet the company’s business requirements and I.T’s technical requirements within the agreed schedule, thereby providing a quality service to the department’s customers.
- An IT Developer may be asked to delegate analysis and programming to other resources. In such cases, the IT Developer should ensure that these resources are effectively used and efficiently controlled.
- To establish and maintain sound business relations with users of I.T services so that areas where I.T itself can assist business objectives are identified and user requirements are clearly understood.
- To seek out ways and put forward ideas for improving productivity and creating business opportunities.
- To design software adhering to department standards in order to meet specified requirements, keeping the DTL/SD informed as to the progress of their work.
- To respond to help desk queries and identify those problems, which require immediate investigation, delegating where appropriate to an IT Developer or a Junior/Trainee IT Developer, to ensure minimal disruption to the business.
- To establish and maintain appreciation of new technological and software developments for the benefit of the department and wider company.
- To ensure that fair treatment of customers is integral to the operation of area of responsibility, and that effective education, analysis and monitoring takes place so that prompt action can be taken to ensure compliance.
To be successful as an iSeries Developer you will have the following skills and experience:
You will join the team with a strong skill set and previous experience as a Developer, a knowledge of Java Script is essential for this role, HTML is a clear advantage. You will take a proactive approach to problem solving, using a logical approach and having an enthusiasm for change and improving things.
- Comprehensive range of flexible benefit options such as a company pension, 23 day's holiday (rising to 25 days after 3 years)
- Option to buy an additional 5 days
- A personal car lease option
- Health and dental plans
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up or down
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Enjoy discounted gym membership as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers
- Wellbeing activities and Sports and Social Club events
- Dress for Your Day policy, which means you have the option of what to wear depending on what your day holds