Infrastructure Engineer - Networking and Virtualisation
£33000 - £40000 per annum + pension
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer 3rd Line and projects
Salary: £35-40k p.a.
Our client, a UK based document management consultancy, is looking to hire an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with a proven track record in designing, implementing and managing a broad range of IT solutions including (but not limited to):
• VMWare ESXi Datacentre virtualization
• Networking: Cisco, Firewalls, Switches, LANs & WANs (implementation/management)
• MS Exchange 2013/365
• Active Directory
• WINTEL server management
• Enterprise hardware support
• Vendor and supplier management
The successful candidate will work within a kinetic and fast-moving environment, and so will require the ability to prioritise and manage their own workload whilst maintaining an awareness of commercial targets, both strategic and tactical. To be considered for this role you must be a highly motivated and excellent communicator
They will have a demonstrable background in technical systems administration and support, and a proven track record in project delivery and system implementation.
You will have the ability to lead and implement up-to-date solutions across the IT Infrastructure from upgrades to new implementations.
o Lead multiple, concurrent infrastructure projects, including managing activities and timelines, providing technical guidance and balancing workloads.
o Come up with new IT solutions to address any problems that arise, or to improve the efficiency of the organization's IT infrastructure.
• Your main responsibilities will be to monitor the entire IT Infrastructure including 8+ remote sites as well as seeing project work through from start to finish.
• React to in house monitoring alerts
• Documenting your processes as well as being responsible for the logging, monitoring and escalation of incidents and service requests including the diagnosis of hardware/software faults
• Provide 3rd line support as an escalation resource to the service desk.
• Ability to prioritise work tasks effectively
Required skills and qualifications
• Competent networking knowledge
• Exchange (migration to 365 is a plus)
• Active Directory
• Experience of working in a datacentre style environment.
• Good understanding of task automation including PowerShell and other administrative scripting languages
Desirable skills and qualifications
• Microsoft SQL DBA or equivalent
• Network Security implementation and management
• Recent SC/DV clearance
• Exposure to Amazon Web Services/Microsoft Azure cloud service implementation and management
Avaya VoIP qualification (management