The Berry Recruitment Driving service is built upon sector knowledge and a track record of working with high quality clients. As Logistics UK (formerly the FTA) and REC Drivers group members we are committed to maintaining the very highest recruitment standards in this specialist area. We can offer training and career and legislative advice as well as access to the industry’s latest and most rewarding roles.
£12.20 - £12.22 per hour
Location: Southampton, England
Consultant: Charlotte Macey
Berry Recruitment have a new exciting role for a 3.5 tonne driver for a local authority based in Nursling. You will be required to travel to designated sites where you will deliver trade materials to contractors for them to complete maintenance projects. You will also be required to assist with insulation of lofts, so therefore experience in this is preferred.
Excellent rate of pay - £12.22 per hour. This role is Monday to Friday vacancy, 39 hours a week, 7:30 to 16:15 with a 15:15 finish on a Friday. This role is 6 weeks, with potential to be extended, with an immediate start.
The requirements for the role:
- A full UK driving licence and at least 2 years van driving experience
- A tower Scaffold certificate is essential
- Experience of insulating lofts is preferred but not essential
- A good understanding of the local area
- An understanding of the construction industry is desired but not essential
Your main duties will be:
- You will be required to transport materials and equipment as required to various sites around Southampton
- You will also be required to load and unload the materials into the vehicle
- This role will include heavy lifting
Berry Recruitment employee benefits:
-24 hour GP medical advice
-Discounts on high street stores, dining, family trips and many more
-Discounted health/travel insurance
-Discount from various gyms
-24 hour personal help line for any support you may need
Please contact Charlotte at our Totton office as soon as possible to register or to express an interest in this role if you are already registered with us. Immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.