Digital Technical Architect Senior
Up to £550 per day
Berry Recruitment is working with the MOJ to find two Senior Digital Technical Architect, to provide a hands-on technical leadership, on a 6 months plus contract, based in Sheffield.
Senior Digital Technical Architect
MOJ (Ministry of Justice)
Contract Length: 6 months (possible extension)
Location: 32 Scotland Street Sheffield
IR35: Outside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £550 LTD
You will be required to lead in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex digital services, serving millions of users! You will be working alongside product Managers to understand the user needs for new and existing services. You will have technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders. Identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems. Lead development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems. Ensure system architectures are robust, scale-able, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.
Role 1 - Categorisation Tool TA
MOJ as looking to build an application that will ingest data from multiple sources, some extracts and longer-term via APIs, analyse the data, use decision trees to product outputs, retain these decisions and integrate with a separate workflow application being built in Sheffield. Possible languages are Java or Python. The candidate should ideally be hands on as it gives the most value. We are looking for someone who has dealt with large dataset and processing data, using enterprise techniques.
Role 2 - Prisoner Facing Services TA
For Prisoner Facing Services, it’s working through with service design to map as-is across a range of COTS and bespoke products. Provide advice and technical leadership roadmap etc for prisoner facing services - this covers stuff like Unilink, Virtual Campus - Education , Visits. Also need to review what we created in Digital Prisons recommend improvements, cost benefit of moving the on premise components. Additionally some specific work to look at the stack on the Hub.
• Define and own the technical strategy of digital products/ services
• Undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this analysis into technical designs that describe a solution
• Working with software developers, define the high-level architecture of our digital products, platforms and services; how it fits into the wider MOJ digital estate, how it should be built and structured, which language, framework and other technologies should be used, etc
• Lead the set-up and configuration of developer tooling, workflow and pipelines within agile product teams
• Monitor trends in existing and emerging technologies, evaluating and identifying new opportunities, integrations and solutions
• Own and manage relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and external technical contacts to influence/ make the case for technical interventions, contribute to business cases and translate technical concepts
• Look for deeper issues that need fixing and opportunities to reuse components
• Help publicise our achievements and learning through blog posts, events, etc
• Occasionally participate in 2nd line support during office hours, and sometimes out of hours (for which you’ll be paid an allowance and further hourly payment when on call)
• Assist with recruitment
•Take a leading role in implementing the technical st