Digital Mailroom/Scanning Project Manager/PMO
£35000 - £45000 per annum + pension
Job Title: Project Manager document management operations
Department: Operations PMO
Reports to: Head of PMO
Our client, a sizeable, expanding UK document management consultancy has identified a requirement for an experienced project manager to work in the PMO in respect of a variety of Operational and IT functions.
• Accountable for providing effective project management within the Operations and IT functions, the scope of the role covers, but is not limited to, the following:
• Managing the transition process as a new contract moves from being a sales opportunity to a live production or technology service.
• Managing or assisting with the management of internal change programmes such as new technology implementations, site restructures/closures, etc.
• Managing or assisting with the on boarding and integration of new acquisitions.
• Contributing to the latter stages of the sales process where Project Management and/or service knowledge expertise is required.
• Work with operational, technical and management colleagues and customers to ensure that projects are managed effectively; that all stakeholders receive the project management support they require and the project sponsor is satisfied with the outcome with the objectives of the project met or exceeded.
• Have a detailed understanding of all key services provided by the employer.
• Report project progress in a timely and effective manner, and flexibly and proactively deal with changes to timelines.
• Work and communicate effectively within teams, and appreciate the impact of change on people.
• Able to assist in the planning of operational capacity; size teams accordingly; and plan to agreed budgets.
• Influence and negotiate at all levels.
• Identify operational, information security, and commercial risk within projects.
• Understand the key principles and requirements of ISO 27001 and GDPR and be able to effectively demonstrate compliance with all applicable information security requirements.
• Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures contained in the Information Security, Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality Management Systems
Report any Information Security, Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality incidents to your manager.
• Drive projects to ensure that they are delivered to agreed quality and financial targets, and meet required timescales.
• Ensure that project documentation is created and maintained to the required standard, and IT systems are appropriately used with detailed information that identifies all requirements, risks, opportunities, actions, timescales and objectives.
• Agree project objectives that meet the project sponsors requirements, and review these regularly.
• Identify and minimise the risks associated with a project, by proactively managing these.
• Seek opportunities from a project to exceed the aims and expectations of the project sponsor.
• Represent the client's and Employers’ interests.
• Provide advice on the management of projects.
• Organise the various working teams and co-ordinate meetings and actions.
• Work with and monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
Oversee the project accounting, costing and billing, to ensure that the projects remain on or ahead of budget.
• Effective project management and leadership skills
• Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines and achieve actions
• Analytical skills
• Well developed interpersonal skills – building good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Networking sk