Whether a requirement is ongoing or for a one-off event our Catering and Hospitality service is based on attention to detail and combining candidates with exactly the right opportunities. We work with all types of catering staff including managers, supervisor, chefs, bar and waiting staff, food service assistants and kitchen porters and we would be delighted to work with you.
£28000 - £30000 per annum
Location: Derby, England
Consultant: Pete Higgins
Berry Recruitment are looking for a Chef de Partie our client who is sports venue based in Derby.
The Role - Chef de Partie
• Work within the Chef team to ensure that all events are planned, delivered and reviewed to meet all customer expectations in relation to food quality and presentation, as well as service delivery.
• Liaise with the Head Chef to develop and drive operational standards within the kitchens and control labour costs within the Kitchen Team.
• Consistently drive standards, championing attention to detail as well as possessing a strong passion for food and service.
• Assist the Head Chef with innovation and implementation of new culinary ideas and communicate with the management team on a regular basis
• Assist the Head Chef with menu planning and design for Matchdays, Meeting and Events, matching creativeness with the need to remain within prescribed profit margins.
• Manage food production to required standards laid down by Standard Operating Procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and legal compliance.
• Work in conjunction with the Front of House Team to ensure hospitality displays look attractive, have high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in both front and back of house.
Skills and Experience Essential:
• Current Food Hygiene Level 2
• Minimum NVQ Level 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
• Experience in working in an event based environment.
• Ability to work under pressure within a constantly changing environment
• Have a good focus on attention to detail
• Have the ability to build working relationships with members of the team at all levels and across departments.
• Ability to prioritise, multitask, plan, operate and manage processes accurately whilst supervising members of the variable hours team and be comfortable with a logistically challenging venue.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Food Hygiene Level 3
• First Aid at Work
• Good knowledge of customer service practice and able to work to deadlines in a busy environment
Terms and Benefits
This is a full time role (35 hours per week) working 5 days out of 7 per week on a shift basis as per business requirements, including Bank Holidays, as required.
Salary is £28,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension scheme
If you are interested please contact Pete in the Northampton Branch
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.