Berry recruitment has a new position available for an Architectural Technician. The type of work undertaken by this department has changed considerably over recent years’ moving away from building surveying into more design based projects.
Role: Architectural Technician
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
The team work on a variety of projects ranging from small office refurbishments to multi-million pound new commercial and industrial developments. They deal predominantly with the detailed design and specification of the external fabrication of buildings and internal space planning.
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for
our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for
an experienced technician.
- Design of new office, commercial and industrial developments
- Refurbishment design of existing offices and depots
- Space planning and layouts for new and existing offices
- Preparation of Planning and Building Regulation applications
- Contract administration and supervision during construction
- Production of architectural and engineering drawings and details at all stages including concept, tender and construction
- Liaison with other professionals both within the office and members of the external design team and contractors
- Uploading or downloading drawings to websites
- Ensuring incoming and outgoing drawings are stored in accordance with company control procedures
- Ensuring drawings are presented to a high standard and in accordance with standard company practice
- Ensuring drawings are co-ordinated with other disciplines
- Assisting with general drawing office duties when required
Relevant Skills & Experience:
- An excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A minimum 4 years’ experience in an architectural or engineering consultancy
- Revit experience would be an advantage
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages including Excel
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently and professionally in the office and on the telephone when representing the company
- An ability to communicate effectively and work both within a team and independently when required
Benefits & Training:
- The company’s breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
- They have a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from on the job coaching to attendance on external day release courses enabling staff to attain professionally accredited qualifications.
- The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
If you believe you have the passion and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, please contact Victoria Huggins at the Oxford branch. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you do not hear back within five working days, unfortunately yo