Accounts Payable Clerk/Stock Controller
£20000 - £23000 per annum
Berry Recruitment are pleased to be able to offer this pivotal role within a reputable and fast growing organisation client based within the Bicester area. You will have sole responsibility on all aspects of the Accounts Payable function and will be capable of working equally well with your colleagues, dealing with suppliers and customers in a professional and friendly manner.
Role: Accounts Payable Clerk/Stock Controller
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 Monday – Friday
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
- Online training platform with 100’s of courses you are able to take.
- Frequent Company Lunches
- Staff parties: Summer BBQ & Big Christmas party with free bar/entertainment and hotels provided for staff.
- Relaxed work environment
- Onsite Parking available
- 20 days Annual Leave
Key Responsibilities of the Account Payable Clerk:
- Coding and posting purchase invoices and credit notes in multiple currencies
- Matching of delivery notes from suppliers to invoices
- Maintenance of supplier records
- Posting of cash payments from bank statement and reconciling against invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, using your position to build relationships with our key suppliers and resolve invoice disputes either internally/externally
- Preparing a weekly and a monthly payment file for review by Accounts Manager keeping supplier accounts to terms
- Maintenance of inventory costs according to master price file from USA parent company and price checking
- Analysis of company credit card expense returns for approx. 15 cardholders per month
- Other ad-hoc duties including but not limited to – sales invoicing, answering internal/external calls and dealing with queries from colleagues/customers, petty cash, taking card payments, deposit of customer cheques
Candidate Specification for the Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Previous experience in an AP role would be preferred but full training will be provided
- Strong Excel knowledge including VLookups and Pivot Tables, and MS Office applications (Word, Email)
- Oracle experience preferred
- A problem-solving, analytical mind-set as they will, within reason, be able to shape their own processes and manage their own workload
- Ability to work accurately and as part of a small team
If you believe you have the passion and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, please contact Kathy Rusher at the Oxford Branch. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you do not hear back within five working days, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.