Senior Facilities Manager, City of London
Senior Facilities Manager -London/Croydon- up to £70k + benefits
Our client a leading Facilities Management organisation is recruiting for a Senior FM. The Senior Facilities Manager will be responsible for leading the delivery of FM services for major Global Corporate Services client, in the UK. Key to this role will be to provide leadership to a remote team managing all aspects of Facilities Management Service through mobilisation and steady state across the region. There are 12 sites in the UK covering 340,000sqft with critical buildings in the City of London and Croydon. There is an FM team reporting into the role and service partners will be also providing leadership positions.Strong technical knowledge / background specifically experience with hard services engineering, HVAC and electrical is an advantage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Develop interface with external clients, ensuring total contract compliance, including quantitative cost savings specifications plus qualitative customer service specifications;
Oversee the implementation and performance of all facilities management, property management, and other related services as required by the client contract within this region;
Coordinate regular performance reviews between the clients outlined in the contract or as appropriate to enhance the client relationship;
Ensure the smooth integration and performance of accounting and financial reporting services dedicated to the client account;
Ensure management of all financial targets for fixed and variable services across this region, under the contract are achieved and maximised to improve business unit and company profitability,
Participate and contribute to the overall service and financial performance of the client through liaison and collaboration with other Service lines leaders across the company.
Ensure that any Project Work carried out is managed properly and within the processes and procedures as instigated by the client.
Managerial responsibility for a team work unit and/or group.
Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating direct reports.
Responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Degree level qualification in a relevant subject i.e. Facilities Management, Engineering, Real Estate subject.
Significant operational experience in Facilities Management with emphasis on the business for the particular account.
Clear evidence of cross-functional real estate experience in an outsourced environment.
Strong technical knowledge / background specifically experience with hard services engineering, HVAC and electrical is an advantage.
Demonstrable asset/portfolio management experience or any similar combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Candidates with recognised financial/accounting qualifications or accreditation will be at a distinct advantage.
Ability to comprehend, analyses, and interpret complex business documents.
Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on com
1st Line Support Analyst, Southampton
1st Line Support Analyst
6 month initial contract – possibility of extension
£12.50 per hour
**Please Note: Candidates wishing to be considered for this position will be required to satisfy full UK Security Clearance**
Our client, an international FTSE 100 Critical Services company, is seeking to appoint additional 1st Line Support Analysts to join their busy Service Desk based in Southampton. As the 1st Line Support Analyst you will assist the Service Desk with the day to day incoming calls, incident logging and escalation of technical issues to the 2nd & 3rd line teams.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
• To answer calls received to the Service Desk, logging all calls received as issues or requests to agreed standards
• To utilise active listening techniques to understand and interpret customer requirements when logging calls, prioritising them against agreed SLAs
• To utilise problem analysis techniques to diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria, and where possible resolve at first call
• Escalate as appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service arranging for the relevant 2nd and 3rd line specialists to address and resolve incidents
• To perform a customer facing role focused on delivering first class customer service, against established Service Desk performance targets and SLA’s
• To assist with mailbox processing when required, logging customer issues/requests and replying to any queries
• To respond to customer chases or escalations on calls professionally
• To log and escalate calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
• Log all incidents and service requests raised to an agreed standard of detail
• First line fixing of faults to an agreed percentage
• Perform customer facing role, focused on delivering against established Service Desk performance targets
• To action service requests,
Qualification and Experience:
• Proven Service/Help Desk experience
• Customer Service Experience, both face to face and over the phone
• Proven experience in using a Service Management system to manage all incidents and requests.
• Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Applications, Printer faults and Operating systems.
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
• Ability to apply technical fixes, using agreed IT toolsets
• Ability to utilise active listening, analysing and understanding the needs of the customer
• ITIL awareness
• Ability to progress escalations
• An understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Cisco IP Phones, Remote Assistance/Desktop, and Server Infrastructure
Please email Alexandra@berrytechnical.co.uk
Support Analyst, Croydon
Up to £30,000
Please note: Travel to UK client site may be required.
My client, a leading professional services organisation, are seeking to recruit a skilled Support Analyst to join their team in Croydon. As a Support Analyst, you will be responsible for providing installation, software and hardware support to engineers and clients across the solutions portfolio. The idea candidate will have an extensive knowledge of various operating systems including Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Workstation XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8 as well as having excellent telephone communication skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assume Responsibility for all aspects of post sales IT requirements
• Liaise with professional services team on all requirements identified and provide support for engineers
• Isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues by phone
• Assist with the ‘builds’ on all devices and registration of software as identified
• Post installation- carry out remote installation of print drivers, software and 3DPrintview software
• Record, log and prioritise all IT related requests and track outcomes to a satisfactory conclusion
• Provide progress reports to clients
• Identify, investigate and progress faults to completion within agreed timeframes
Key Knowledge and Skills
• Qualified to MCP level
• Expertise on Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Workstation XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, SQL.
• Knowledge and experience of working with SLAs
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Attention to detail and time management skills
For further information please contact Nick@berrytechnical.co.uk or call 01483 424686.
Roofing / Roofer, Rochester
My client is a Growing Refurbishment and maintenance Contractor based in Kent
They are looking for up to 6 skilled, and experienced roofer's to join there team on a full time basis.
The role is a permanent one due to the expansion of their business.
Excellent knowledge of various aspects of roofing
Rates of Pay Neg depending on experience
Fabric Engineer/Auditor - semi-mobile, Bracknell
Job Title: Building fabric auditor / estimator
Salary: £35 – 45k p.a.
Job objectives and responsibilities:
• Ensure the quality of reports delivered to clients
• Produce accurate quantification and costing of construction remedial works based on the National schedule of rates.
• Train audit team members in the requirements of a building fabric audit
• Complete building fabric audits using handheld in house technology
• To carry out building fabric audits across a wide range of buildings
• To oversee building fabric audits carried out by other members of the audit team
• To produce accurate remedial works costings based on the National schedule of rates
• Represent mitie compliance at client meetings
The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK staying away from home as and when required.
• Min 5 years experience in Building services industry
• RICS qualified
• Be able to grasp the dynamics of a Built Environment and anticipate Building Systems given limited information.
• IT literate with at least Basic MS office skills
• Comfortable using handheld technology for gathering building fabric information
• Be resourceful to liaise and communicate effectively with on site engineers and security staff to gain access to all areas within a building site
• Negotiate effectively with clients ,attending senior management meetings as and when required
• Be able to provide assistance with any specialist inspections as required by the client
Be willing to undergo a full DBS check.
Head Chef - Amazing Pub/Restaurant - 35k!, Maidstone
Our client is a very prestigious venue in the heart of Kent looking for a passionate, dedicated Head chef to join an established team and help push the reputation and standards further than before in the new year!
With an amazing, locally sourced menu combined with the finest service this venue is already looking far into next year and want someone that'll share their vision to lead the kitchen and push forward.
Excellent working and a very generous salary await!
Contact Jim immediately!
Mechanical Project Manager, Frimley
Mechanical Project Manager (Building Services) - Frimley Green - £45,000 to £60,000 pro rata - Fixed Term Contract 8 months
Our client, a leading FM services provider, has a great opportunity for a Mechanical Project Manager to join their team in Frimley Green for a 8 month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will have experience of running multiple projects around the £500k+ range.
• To manage projects and associated small works secured forming part of the maintenance contract in a profitable and creditable way whilst endeavouring to exceed customer expectations.
• To have a demonstrable competency level of building services project management.
• To keep close professional contact with clients to be able to monitor customer satisfaction.
• To ensure the company Health & Safety policy is adhered to.
• To ensure compliance with the Maintenance Quality Management System and be instrumental in leading and implementing the procedures and instructions with particular attention to the areas of responsibility indicated in the document.
• To manage project awards both operationally and financially to ensure correct operation within budget.
• To prepare estimates and quotations with appropriate back up documentation in accordance with company procedures.
• To accept and clarify customer orders up to an agreed level.
• Day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with support and advice from HR
• Attendance on HR related courses to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities
• To determine priorities in conjunction with the Projects Administrator for the allocation of direct and sub-contract labour.
• Liaise with projects supervisors where applicable, to ensure the effective deployment in completing electrical, mechanical, building fabric and any other associated project works.
• To manage and monitor direct and sub-contract labour to ensure the expected standards of Maintenance are maintained
• Prepare project programmes to meet contract requirements and optimise the use of direct and sub-contract labour.
• When necessary, liaise with client representatives and Maintenance Contract Managers, to ensure that all works are completed within agreed timescales.
• Undertake, where necessary, site safety, CDM, method statements, risk assessments and site inspections in line with Maintenance Procedures.
• To raise purchase orders through the projects co-ordinator, in line with company procedures.
• Responsible for running projects up to a maximum of £500K
• To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
• To understand and comply with policies and procedures
• To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
• To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
• To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
• Project Management skills
• Knowledge of Building Services
• Health and Safety management
• Knowledge of QMS procedures
• Commercial awareness
• Planning skills
• Customer care/relationship building skills
• Ability to manage change successfully
• Ability to cost and manage projects within budget.
• Flexible approach to work as significant travel between the client sites will be required
Financial Systems Accountant, Thame
My client is looking for a highly competent and fully qualified accountant to assist the organisation through a period of change and new system integration.
To support the implementation of Dynamics AX into the UK business, together with other ad-hoc projects, and to contribute to the continuing improvement in the performance of the Financial Department.
To assist in the implementation of Dynamics AX 2012, as follows;
• Participation in User Acceptance Testing of the global system, covering all areas of Finance, but with particular reference to Purchase Ledger transactions
• Cleansing of Sage financial data prior to importing into Dynamics AX, to include Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and other relevant UK data
• Assisting the Finance Manager to train the financial team to use Dynamics AX in line with the PWC Process Map
• Responding to finance related queries from other departments, ensuring that the UK business operates in line with the PWC Process Map
• Fixed Assets – To work with the Financial Accountant, Production, Engineering and other relevant areas of the business, to ensure accuracy of the Fixed Asset Register prior to importing into Dynamics AX
• Inventory – To work with Logistics in order to improve Inventory records, ensuring consistency between warehouses, and that naming conventions are abided to
• Following implementation of Dynamics AX, generally assisting in the processing of financial transactions, including Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Fixed Assets, Projects and Nominal Ledger
• To provide cover for the Financial Accountant during holidays and sickness
Secondary Activities / Tasks
To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Finance Department.
Experience Knowledge & Skills
• Experience of a multi user accounting application (similar to Sage 500)
• Good level of competence in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Good time management skills, and able to prioritise workload effectively
• Experience of Dynamics AX 2012
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Other Requirements
• Qualified CCAB (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
Electrical Contracts Engineer, Cambridge
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgshire.
Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 + Car (or allowance), Pension, Bonus, Market leading Benefits package including share scheme, health-care, energy discounts and more!
Job Title: Electrical Contracts Engineer
A household name in the energy industry, this FTSE 100 company are a national brand and profits in excess of £1b. Sectors include Domestic, Commercial and Industrial as well as all forms of energy production and distribution.
Working within the Electrical team, you will be responsible for:
- Manage Electrical contract works
- Liaise with estimating and design teams for works won
- Manage client expectations and be available to answer any queries
- Provide technical design and specification for a variety of projects
This list is not exhaustive
You will have:
- Qualified through apprenticeship (or equivalent) or hold HNC level (or equivalent) in an electrical or building services subject
- Competent user of MS office
- Sound electrical knowledge with a good understanding of electrical works and contracting
This is fantastic opportunity to join a market leading company with genuine career and personal development opportunities
Key words: Electrical, Contracts, Engineering, Estimate, Design, Mechanical
UX Researcher, London
Title: UX Researcher
Location: London or Surrey
Fixed Term Contract: 12 months
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
My client is looking to hire a proactive User Experience (UX) Researcher to join their friendly, collaborative and energetic Customer Insight team on a 12 month contract. Customer Insight underpins strategy, innovation, product development and the team represents the ‘voice of the customer’ within the business.
The UX Researcher role joins part of the Customer Insight team specialising in UX research and testing and will report to the Lead UX Manager. The right candidate will work closely with various businesses to improve the user experience offered by the digital products. This will involve conducting and analysing user research, wireframing and prototyping, running workshops and stakeholder management.
• Conduct customer research to validate user-centred design decisions
• Create personas, journey maps, sketches and wireframes
• Run workshops to discuss and action customer feedback
• Lead usability testing and optimise input from external agencies
• Work with stakeholders in Product Management, Marketing, Technology & Editorial
Key Skills Required:
• A degree or higher qualification, ideally in usability / HCI / user experience
• A portfolio showing examples of UX work e.g. usability testing results, personas, wireframes
• Great communication, team work and analysis skills
• A proactive, flexible attitude and ability to work with people of all levels
• Willingness to travel is desirable
• Ability to speak multiple languages is a bonus
• Previous experience as a UX research or UX designer is essential
• Experience of running usability/user testing and conducting interviews is essential
• Familiarity with a range of UX tools including Qualtrics, Loop11, Usabilla, Usertesting.com, Balsamiq, Axure is important
• Experience working with b2b products is desirable
To discuss further please contact me on email@example.com / 01483 424686
View job basket to apply for job/s